Tips For Packing Moving Pods and Moving Boxes?
Whether you are filling a suitcase, a box, a car, or a moving pod, packing effectively is always of upmost importance. Packing for a move can often be likened to playing a game of Tetris. The art of filling boxes, as well as moving containers comes naturally to very few people, the rest of us need a detailed instruction guide of how to pack efficiently. Here are some basic tips that can help you fit as much as possible into your moving boxes and moving pods.
How to Pack Moving Boxes:
- Reinforce the bottom of all your boxes with packing tape. It is worth using extra tape to prevent your fragile belongings from falling through the bottom of the box!
- If you can, fill each box to the top. If you have extra space in any of your boxes, fill it with packing paper or other fillers. When boxes are full, they will maintain their shape, which will allow them to be stacked without falling over.
- Make sure that the top and sides of the boxes do not bulge. If your boxes bulge, it will prevent you from making stable, tall stacks.
- Label boxes to make unpacking easier. Write any details that you think you will need on the side of the box. Many people like to take note of the items that are in the box, the room that the box should be placed, and any notes about whether the contents of the box are fragile.
- As you pack, take the extra time to create an inventory of the larger, important items that you have. This will help you if anything gets lost or stolen in the moving process.
- Don’t pack anything that you can’t lift yourself!
- Put heavier things into smaller boxes to avoid boxes that you can’t lift
- If you do have a heavy box or piece of furniture- try to use something with wheels to help transport it. Computer on a rolling office chair? Dresser on a skateboard? Heavy box in a wheel barrow? You get the idea… be creative!
Tips for Packing a Moving Pod:
- Place heavy items on the bottom of your moving container, and lighter items on the top.
- Pack pictures and mirrors in the narrow spaces between boxes and furniture. This will help prevent them from breaking, while maximizing space in your container.
- Don’t forget to lock up your container with a heavy-duty lock!
- As you pack, look for spaces where awkward items will fit. Don’t be afraid to mix smaller items with larger items, to put a box inside a dresser or to lay your vacuum cleaner across the top of a stack of boxes. You can use every inch of space in your container if you really work at it!
These simple tips work, not only for packing a moving pod, but for packing anything: from a suitcase to a car. If you remember to fill all of the spaces that you can find, you can fit in more than you think. Follow these tips- and you will be a master at packing Tetris in no time!
5 Things to Do Before Professional Carpet Cleaners Arrive
Professional movers are usually upfront with all their fees, but it happens sometimes for some charges to be written in fine print in your contract or not specified at all. Every agreement usually has hidden costs, so it’s best to know ahead of them and use a moving calculator. This way, you can be prepared when you’re planning to hire a moving company. You will know exactly what questions to ask in relation to the company’s fees and what answers you need to hear to be willing to hire their service.
Knowing about these moving costs ahead will help you set up an accurate budget and avoid any surprises when the moving bill is going to be handed to you.
1. Voluminous items
Some moving companies, if not all, usually charge customers based on the distance their movers and trucks have to cross to take the customer’s goods from one place to another. However, this is not the only criteria used when calculating the final cost of the moving process. Many of them will also take into consideration the volume and weight of the shipment. So, if you have bulky or voluminous objects, such as pianos and pool tables, or royal canopies, you should always ask about the moving company’s policy related to bulky items. Moreover, if your building is not equipped with an elevator, and the mover will have to carry these items from a superior floor, this too might imply additional costs.
2. Packing accessories
Packing is usually a service that moving companies offer for an additional fee. So, you should assume that, if you want to benefit from the services of professional packers, you will have to pay extra. However, just to be sure, discuss this service with your movers and see if and how much they are charging for it. Don’t forget to ask about the costs for packing accessories. Some moving companies cover these costs, while others will expect for you to pay for them. By packing accessories we mean things like boxes, moving blankets, protection for floors and doorways etc.
If your goods are too big and there’s no way any mover could take them out of your home traditionally, through your doorway, or they don’t fit in hallways and stairways, your only option is to hire a relocation company that provides hoisting services. This means that the movers will use special equipment to move your items through the window. Considering the risks and the extra work involved in such cases, it’s only natural for this service to be quite expensive, so think twice before deciding to keep such voluminous items. Do you really need them?
4. Express delivery
This is not exactly a hidden cost, but it’s always good to ask about this option. If you want your things to be delivered to the new place faster than usual, you should ask the moving company if they can provide this service and if it will cost you more than the standard delivery. For short distance moves, the fee might be insignificant, so this won’t be a problem, even if you forget to ask about it. However, when it comes to long distance moves, you should always make sure you know the cost of express delivery ahead.
You should always ask the moving company about their cancellation policy and see what charges they apply in case you decide to cancel the move or postpone it for a different day. Most professional moving companies have a certain period of time during which the client can cancel the move without having to pay anything. However, if you’ve paid a deposit for your move, it’s very probable for the relocation company to keep it as a cancellation fee if you decide that you don’t need their service anymore. Always read the contract and pay attention to the fine print!
How to Efficiently Move Out From Your Home
When moving, it is inevitable that you need boxes to place all of your belongings in. Could you imagine taking all of your things and placing them inside a moving truck without having something to put everything in? That would literally take you forever and it is that very reason why moving boxes are so important in the moving process. That's worse than going to a supermarket and having all of your items placed inside the cart without bags. Your time placing the items in your car could double, triple, or even quadruple without them. Now just imagine moving an entire house that way. But the invention of the moving box has made the entire moving process easier.
However, boxes are made out of paper and paper is made out of trees. That means that more and more trees are cut down to make these beloved moving boxes that make our lives easier. Then there is the fact that many of these moving boxes end up meeting their demise in the dump rather than being reused. It is here that they become mushy messes of wet paper that really isn't all that great for the environment. That box could have been sold or given to a moving supply store to be reused by other movers. That means less demand for moving boxes, so fewer trees are cut down to meet the demand. That also means no mushy cardboard adding to the demise of our environment.
Are there any cons?
There are cons no matter which way you look at it. The new boxes are more expensive when moving is expensive enough. The old boxes have been used by others and could possibly have fleas or spiders in them. The supermarket boxes have come from places that you are not familiar with, so you don't know what might be inside of them. However, spiders, fleas, and other annoyances exist within the moving supply store. You never know when a spider might crawl up into that crisp new box. You don't even know where those boxes were before they arrived to the store. They had to be shipped there somehow as well, right? So don't let any of that bother you. Think about the environment and what you are doing to make the world a better place to live. Every little bit counts.
- Boxes For Sale Gauteng
- Where To Buy Moving Boxes Sunninghill
- Moving Supplies Johannesburg
- Cheap Boxes Bedfordview
- Where To Get Moving Boxes Bryanston
- Cardboard Boxes For Moving Brakpan
- Cardboard Storage Boxes Rivonia
- Moving Boxes Near Me Randburg
- Large Cardboard Boxes Northgate
- Cheap Packing Boxes Fourways
- Purchase Moving Boxes Parkmore
- Moving Supply Store Edenvale
- Cardboard Boxes Sandhurst