Tips For Packing Moving Pods and Moving Boxes?
Whether you are filling a suitcase, a box, a car, or a moving pod, packing effectively is always of upmost importance. Packing for a move can often be likened to playing a game of Tetris. The art of filling boxes, as well as moving containers comes naturally to very few people, the rest of us need a detailed instruction guide of how to pack efficiently. Here are some basic tips that can help you fit as much as possible into your moving boxes and moving pods.
How to Pack Moving Boxes:
- Reinforce the bottom of all your boxes with packing tape. It is worth using extra tape to prevent your fragile belongings from falling through the bottom of the box!
- If you can, fill each box to the top. If you have extra space in any of your boxes, fill it with packing paper or other fillers. When boxes are full, they will maintain their shape, which will allow them to be stacked without falling over.
- Make sure that the top and sides of the boxes do not bulge. If your boxes bulge, it will prevent you from making stable, tall stacks.
- Label boxes to make unpacking easier. Write any details that you think you will need on the side of the box. Many people like to take note of the items that are in the box, the room that the box should be placed, and any notes about whether the contents of the box are fragile.
- As you pack, take the extra time to create an inventory of the larger, important items that you have. This will help you if anything gets lost or stolen in the moving process.
- Don’t pack anything that you can’t lift yourself!
- Put heavier things into smaller boxes to avoid boxes that you can’t lift
- If you do have a heavy box or piece of furniture- try to use something with wheels to help transport it. Computer on a rolling office chair? Dresser on a skateboard? Heavy box in a wheel barrow? You get the idea… be creative!
Tips for Packing a Moving Pod:
- Place heavy items on the bottom of your moving container, and lighter items on the top.
- Pack pictures and mirrors in the narrow spaces between boxes and furniture. This will help prevent them from breaking, while maximizing space in your container.
- Don’t forget to lock up your container with a heavy-duty lock!
- As you pack, look for spaces where awkward items will fit. Don’t be afraid to mix smaller items with larger items, to put a box inside a dresser or to lay your vacuum cleaner across the top of a stack of boxes. You can use every inch of space in your container if you really work at it!
These simple tips work, not only for packing a moving pod, but for packing anything: from a suitcase to a car. If you remember to fill all of the spaces that you can find, you can fit in more than you think. Follow these tips- and you will be a master at packing Tetris in no time!
3 Strong Reason to Purchase Quality Shipping Boxes
You’ve decided your business needs a bigger space and you’re now planning to move office. Your employees are ready to move office and discover the benefits of having much more space available for their daily work routine. That’s wonderful! However, don’t let the enthusiasm get in the way of thorough planning. You need to have a well-though checklist for when you move office and make sure you respect everything on it.
Office relocation sounds stressful and tiring, but once you have your moving list down and everything on it checked, things will immediately get easier. We know that you have many things to consider when moving office, but make sure you also include these 5 things on your checklist:
1. Delegate, delegate, delegate
The first thing you need to remind yourself when you’re planning your business relocation is you can’t possibly do everything yourself. It doesn’t matter if you have three employees or three hundred employees. You need to delegate tasks and responsibilities. Each member of your team has to know what to do and when to do it, for the moving process to go smoothly.
While some will take care of boxing up computers and larger office equipment, others will have to take care of wrapping small and fragile items. Everybody has to work together, according to your moving plan, so you don’t waste time and money.
2. Set a schedule in place
Don’t just start packing a few days before actually having to relocate your office. Make sure you plan ahead and start setting your team in motion to prepare for moving at least two months ahead. Make a new list and include everything that needs to be done every week until moving day. Send the list to your team and make sure they stick to it.
Having a schedule in place will help you bring order to the chaos that moving office can sometimes be. As long as everybody knows their responsibilities and when they are expected to fulfill them, business relocation will no longer be such a stressful process.
3. De-clutter your office space
De-cluttering is not something reserved only to private residences. You should go all in when it comes to cleaning your business place. Recycle everything you can and throw away everything that is just standing there, gathering dust, without being of any use to anyone in the office. Each employee should do the same thing with their desks. After all, they surely don’t need all that plastic globes in their cubicle? And that vintage printer will surely won’t fix itself!
4. Use a packing and labeling system
Make sure every employee has access to proper packing materials according to their task. We recommend you use mostly used boxes because they are eco-friendly, practical, durable and, of course, free. The most fragile items should be first packed in bubble wrapped, and then placed in boxes.
When it comes to labeling, you need to make sure each box has the right label on it. To make things easier, put together an inventory with all the boxes moved. This way you can keep an eye on everything and immediately know if something is missing from the trucks.
5. Book a professional corporate relocation company
Don’t try to save money by hiring a moving company that doesn’t have experience with corporate relocation and office moving. You need to work with a professional company that provides this type of service and has great reviews from previous customers. Working with experienced business movers offers the guarantee of a smooth business relocation, without unforeseen situations happening, such as movers who arrive late or lose your stuff along the way.
How Many Boxes Fill A Container?
Moving to a new place can be nerve racking experience or a pleasant one. It basically depends on how you choose it to be. Moving and packing go hand in hand and how you pack ultimately determines how your moving in experience to a new place finally concludes. You should focus on making things smoother rather than doing everything at the eleventh hour. Steps like getting together packing tools like padding, tapes, boxes, markers etc., cleaning the house for important items, and making reservations with the movers should be taken well before time. Similar steps which should be taken care of well in advance are discussed below -
Gather All the Goods and Items
Gather all the goods and items you need to pack in one place. It often happens that important things are left behind and that is something you would not like when you are amidst unpacking in your new house/office.
Ready the Supplies and Boxes
Before you actually start packing your stuff, you need to make sure that you have all the pre-requisites such as boxes of different sizes, markers, duct tapes, and padding tools. It is very important that you have these in place before you start packing as it can be a real inconvenience getting these things later on.
Prepare Important Paperwork for the Move
Prepare a proper paperwork wherein you would have a detailed list of things that need to pack as well as the things that you have packed. It would come in very handy once you start unpacking.
Start Packing in Advance
It is always advised to start the packing process in advance. It not only saves you precious time but also reduces the hassles in the end. The lesser the hassles, the lesser the errors and mistakes. Even the best movers would advise you to do the same.
Use Proper Padding
Simply packing things is not enough. You need to make sure that you make proper provisions for the protection of the things you have packed. Proper padding is also important because you never know what is going to happen to your goods and how are they going to be treated. Sudden and uncertain accidents may damage your goods for good. It is thus, always advised to provide proper protection to your packed items. This can be done by bubble wraps or old and used clothes. You can even use Thermocol to add more protection to delicate items.
Take Pictures of Electronic Set-Ups
Electronic set ups can be hard to put back the same way as they were set up before. It often happens that people are unable to set up electronics the exact same way after they have moved into a new place. It is therefore highly recommended that you take photographs of such complicated electronic set ups so that you can late refer to these pictures while setting up again in your new house/office.
Pack in Separate Boxes
While packing your stuff, it is important that you use different boxes and that too of various sizes. It is imperative to do so as this will help you a lot while you unpack. Packers and movers would advise you the same as it is very convenient to unpack different things from different boxes as compared to unpacking everything from one single box.
Pack on An “Open – First” Basis
Last but definitely not the least, always pack your stuff as per ’Open – First” basis. While you pack, always put in stuff which you will need last. This way, when you start unpacking, you will get your hands on things that you need immediately.
- Boxes For Sale Gauteng
- Where To Buy Moving Boxes Sunninghill
- Moving Supplies Johannesburg
- Cheap Boxes Bedfordview
- Where To Get Moving Boxes Bryanston
- Cardboard Boxes For Moving Brakpan
- Cardboard Storage Boxes Rivonia
- Moving Boxes Near Me Randburg
- Large Cardboard Boxes Northgate
- Cheap Packing Boxes Fourways
- Purchase Moving Boxes Parkmore
- Moving Supply Store Edenvale
- Cardboard Boxes Sandhurst