Tips For Packing Moving Pods and Moving Boxes?
Whether you are filling a suitcase, a box, a car, or a moving pod, packing effectively is always of upmost importance. Packing for a move can often be likened to playing a game of Tetris. The art of filling boxes, as well as moving containers comes naturally to very few people, the rest of us need a detailed instruction guide of how to pack efficiently. Here are some basic tips that can help you fit as much as possible into your moving boxes and moving pods.
How to Pack Moving Boxes:
- Reinforce the bottom of all your boxes with packing tape. It is worth using extra tape to prevent your fragile belongings from falling through the bottom of the box!
- If you can, fill each box to the top. If you have extra space in any of your boxes, fill it with packing paper or other fillers. When boxes are full, they will maintain their shape, which will allow them to be stacked without falling over.
- Make sure that the top and sides of the boxes do not bulge. If your boxes bulge, it will prevent you from making stable, tall stacks.
- Label boxes to make unpacking easier. Write any details that you think you will need on the side of the box. Many people like to take note of the items that are in the box, the room that the box should be placed, and any notes about whether the contents of the box are fragile.
- As you pack, take the extra time to create an inventory of the larger, important items that you have. This will help you if anything gets lost or stolen in the moving process.
- Don’t pack anything that you can’t lift yourself!
- Put heavier things into smaller boxes to avoid boxes that you can’t lift
- If you do have a heavy box or piece of furniture- try to use something with wheels to help transport it. Computer on a rolling office chair? Dresser on a skateboard? Heavy box in a wheel barrow? You get the idea… be creative!
Tips for Packing a Moving Pod:
- Place heavy items on the bottom of your moving container, and lighter items on the top.
- Pack pictures and mirrors in the narrow spaces between boxes and furniture. This will help prevent them from breaking, while maximizing space in your container.
- Don’t forget to lock up your container with a heavy-duty lock!
- As you pack, look for spaces where awkward items will fit. Don’t be afraid to mix smaller items with larger items, to put a box inside a dresser or to lay your vacuum cleaner across the top of a stack of boxes. You can use every inch of space in your container if you really work at it!
These simple tips work, not only for packing a moving pod, but for packing anything: from a suitcase to a car. If you remember to fill all of the spaces that you can find, you can fit in more than you think. Follow these tips- and you will be a master at packing Tetris in no time!
How To Get Cheap Moving Boxes
Moving out of your house is often a bittersweet process. You feel pleasure to discover your new surroundings and opportunities, but at the same time you have to do a lot of hard work involved in the transition.
Whether it’s across the country or the town, you may be lured to set your priorities and sights on your new place.
You may have to do some work before vacating a rental apartment. If you don’t know where to start from, then check out this list of things to consider before turning in the keys:
1. Get Organized:
You need to keep track of a lot of details such as:
- Truck rentals,
- Utility shutoffs,
- Home repairs,
- Cleaning crews,
- Packing days and more,
Prepare a spreadsheet or make use of calendar to make sure that you don’t miss a task or deadline.
2. Analyze Your Lease:
Each rental agency has different policies regarding the vacate notice, required repairs, utility transfers, checkout, etc. So, pull out your lease and assess it closely.
The lease will specify what you are likely to do upon moving out and may include anything from security deposit policies, notice period and professional carpet cleanings to final trash pickup.
3. Consider repairing:
All rental agencies require you to return the home in the same condition as they provided you.
More concentration should be paid on walls, so, you are required to repaint or prime walls to get them back to their original color.
Check with your lease to determine what level of coverage is acceptable for moving out. Similarly, you are expected to repair the walls if you hung pictures, art pieces or other things on your walls.
Many agencies have policies about what must be repaired before moving out, so get clarification before doing it. And, in case you don’t have time to do these labor intensive chores then you can choose the option of payment also.
If you don’t have the time or interest in taking on these labor-intensive chores, many rental companies have an option to pay instead.
Most commonly, agencies will charge a flat fee per wall that isn’t painted back to its original color. Weigh all the options viz. time, cost and commitment before considering doing it yourself or paying the fees.
4. Move-out everything:
Think beyond just your clothes, households and furniture, when preparing to move out.
Prepare to deal with harmful supplies and chemicals (paint, propane tanks and cleaning supplies), trash, plants and other items you don’t wish to move.
5. Clean the place:
Just like repairing the damage, you may also be required to clean your rental apartment prior to move-out day.
You can do it yourself with the help of family members or you can seek professionals help for the cleaning purpose.
You can make your decision by noticing the condition of your carpet. If there are some major stains, then you can hire professionals to get the job nicely done, so, plan the budget and book the companies earlier. And if you plan to clean your carpet or unit by yourself, then, be sure to accomplish this job properly.
Vacating an apartment demands a good bit of work. There are a lot of tasks to keep track of from shutting off the utilities and packing-up everything to re-establishing the unit to its original condition.
So, plan early to get organized and schedule as much as you can to prevent last-minute hassle. With a bit of hard work, you will be certain to get the security deposit back as you hand over the keys to your property manager.
It is also vital to find an apartment before finalizing on your decision to move out from the existing one. There are plenty of online sources through which one can easily find a rental apartment online. I hope all the above mentioned tips will help you to move out of your rental apartment without any hassle.
The History Of Cardboard Boxes
You’ve decided your business needs a bigger space and you’re now planning to move office. Your employees are ready to move office and discover the benefits of having much more space available for their daily work routine. That’s wonderful! However, don’t let the enthusiasm get in the way of thorough planning. You need to have a well-though checklist for when you move office and make sure you respect everything on it.
Office relocation sounds stressful and tiring, but once you have your moving list down and everything on it checked, things will immediately get easier. We know that you have many things to consider when moving office, but make sure you also include these 5 things on your checklist:
1. Delegate, delegate, delegate
The first thing you need to remind yourself when you’re planning your business relocation is you can’t possibly do everything yourself. It doesn’t matter if you have three employees or three hundred employees. You need to delegate tasks and responsibilities. Each member of your team has to know what to do and when to do it, for the moving process to go smoothly.
While some will take care of boxing up computers and larger office equipment, others will have to take care of wrapping small and fragile items. Everybody has to work together, according to your moving plan, so you don’t waste time and money.
2. Set a schedule in place
Don’t just start packing a few days before actually having to relocate your office. Make sure you plan ahead and start setting your team in motion to prepare for moving at least two months ahead. Make a new list and include everything that needs to be done every week until moving day. Send the list to your team and make sure they stick to it.
Having a schedule in place will help you bring order to the chaos that moving office can sometimes be. As long as everybody knows their responsibilities and when they are expected to fulfill them, business relocation will no longer be such a stressful process.
3. De-clutter your office space
De-cluttering is not something reserved only to private residences. You should go all in when it comes to cleaning your business place. Recycle everything you can and throw away everything that is just standing there, gathering dust, without being of any use to anyone in the office. Each employee should do the same thing with their desks. After all, they surely don’t need all that plastic globes in their cubicle? And that vintage printer will surely won’t fix itself!
4. Use a packing and labeling system
Make sure every employee has access to proper packing materials according to their task. We recommend you use mostly used boxes because they are eco-friendly, practical, durable and, of course, free. The most fragile items should be first packed in bubble wrapped, and then placed in boxes.
When it comes to labeling, you need to make sure each box has the right label on it. To make things easier, put together an inventory with all the boxes moved. This way you can keep an eye on everything and immediately know if something is missing from the trucks.
5. Book a professional corporate relocation company
Don’t try to save money by hiring a moving company that doesn’t have experience with corporate relocation and office moving. You need to work with a professional company that provides this type of service and has great reviews from previous customers. Working with experienced business movers offers the guarantee of a smooth business relocation, without unforeseen situations happening, such as movers who arrive late or lose your stuff along the way.
- Boxes For Sale Gauteng
- Where To Buy Moving Boxes Sunninghill
- Moving Supplies Johannesburg
- Cheap Boxes Bedfordview
- Where To Get Moving Boxes Bryanston
- Cardboard Boxes For Moving Brakpan
- Cardboard Storage Boxes Rivonia
- Moving Boxes Near Me Randburg
- Large Cardboard Boxes Northgate
- Cheap Packing Boxes Fourways
- Purchase Moving Boxes Parkmore
- Moving Supply Store Edenvale
- Cardboard Boxes Sandhurst