When moving, Empty Cardboard Boxes For Sale in Alberton it is inevitable that you need boxes to place all of your belongings in. Could you imagine taking all of your things and placing them inside a moving truck without having something to put everything in? That would literally take you forever and it is that very reason why moving boxes are so important in the moving process. That’s worse than going to a supermarket and having all of your items placed inside the cart without bags. Your time placing the items in your car could double, triple, or even quadruple without them. Now just imagine moving an entire house that way. But the invention of the moving box has made the entire moving process easier.
However, Plain Boxes For Sale are made out of paper and paper is made out of trees. That means that more and more trees are cut down to make these beloved moving boxes that make our lives easier. Then there is the fact that many of these moving boxes end up meeting their demise in the dump rather than being reused. It is here that they become mushy messes of wet paper that really isn’t all that great for the environment. That box could have been sold or given to a moving supply store to be reused by other movers. That means less demand for moving boxes, so fewer trees are cut down to meet the demand. That also means no mushy cardboard adding to the demise of our environment.
Are there any cons?
There are cons no matter which way you look at it. The new boxes are more expensive when moving is expensive enough. The old boxes have been used by others and could possibly have fleas or spiders in them. The supermarket boxes have come from places that you are not familiar with, Huge Cardboard Boxes For Sale so you don’t know what might be inside of them. However, spiders, fleas, and other annoyances exist within the moving supply store. You never know when a spider might crawl up into that crisp new box. You don’t even know where those boxes were before they arrived to the store. They had to be shipped there somehow as well, right? So don’t let any of that bother you. Think about the environment and what you are doing to make the world a better place to live. Every little bit counts.
Using Corrugated Cardboard Boxes to Pack Fragile Items
Ever tried to figure out how many pallets or how many boxes will fit into a container?
Let me show you a simple way which will assist you in calculating how many containers
you require to ship at a time. What you will need to know prior to making the calculation is
the internal dimensions of a container.
I am going to concentrate on the 20ft General Purpose and the 40ft General Purpose
Now multiply your answers
5 x 2 x 1
Therefore 10 Pallets will fit into a 20ft GP container.
*You can do the same calculation for a 40ft GP container (12 metre dry)
Now that you know exactly how many containers you will require to ship, your costing per shipment will be much more accurate than a mere guessing game. With this in mind, I wish you every bit of success in your future shipments!
Empty Cardboard Boxes For Sale in Alberton ?
Some years ago, people who were moving would often go looking for used boxes behind super markets and grocery stores. Nowadays, there are several companies who actually sell used boxes, especially online.
For example, one such web-based company references the pricing of companies who sell new moving boxes, in an attempt to convince people to purchase their lower-priced used boxes.
There is, however, many good reasons why new boxes are slightly more expensive than used ones. Many consumers are unaware of the hazards that come with moving your belongings in used moving boxes. Firstly, used boxes are NOT as safe and reliable as new moving boxes. They are far more likely to collapse, especially if they've suffered any physical damage, wear 'n tear, or exposure to water/moisture in the past. Furthermore, pre-used boxes come with a host of other hazards, such as:
- Lack of cleanliness.
- Insects or insect eggs may reside within the boxes. Furthermore, damaging parasites or insects such as bed bugs, termites, lice, scabies, and others may have come in contact with the boxes. Even one bed bug could result in a total infestation of your new home.
- Rodent droppings could reside in the carton, which may be extremely harmful to you and your families health.
- Lack of knowledge about what was previously in the carton (i.e. Packing your toothbrush in a box that once held a floor mat, or hazardous chemicals and cleaning materials).
- The strength and durability of the carton has been compromised.
- The box may contain odor from previous contents.
Why use an old and hazardous box, when you could use a new box made of 100% recycled materials? Your box will be stronger, cleaner, more durable and reliable, and above all, environmentally friendly.
For more information, or to purchase moving boxes made of 100% recycled materials, check out our Box Brothers Boxes page.
How Many Boxes Fill A Container?
Question How many moving boxes do I need?
Every household is different, which makes every move different. That also means that there can be a large amount of variation in the number of type of moving boxes they'll need. For example, if you have a large number of filled bookcases, you're likely to need more small boxes to hold all the books (larger boxes can't take the weight of heavy books without breaking). If you're a "pack-rat", that also means you need more boxes, just as you do if you have been living in the same place for a larger number of years.
That being said, here is a table of recommended box quantities:
* 1-2 Rooms:
* 7-10 Small
* 3-5 Medium
* 3-5 Large
* 2 Dish Pack Boxes
* 1-2 Wardrobe Boxes
* 1 File Box per small file cabinet drawer
* Small moving boxes: approximately 15" x 12" x 10"
* Medium moving boxes: approximately 18" x 15" x 12"
* Large moving boxes: approximately 18" x 17" x 20"
* Dish pack boxes: approximately 18" x 18" x 28"
* Wardrobe moving boxes: approximately 24" x 24" x 40"
* File boxes: 15" x 12" x 10"
Two other notes:
* It's best to keep to the weight of moving boxes below 50 pounds, and better yet to keep them below 30 pounds. Otherwise, boxes are both difficult to handle and more likely to break or burst. * Try to keep boxes filled to the top flaps. Over-filled boxes do not stack well and are more likely to break open. Under-filled boxes tend to cave in.