When moving, Where To Get Free Moving Boxes in Hyde Park it is inevitable that you need boxes to place all of your belongings in. Could you imagine taking all of your things and placing them inside a moving truck without having something to put everything in? That would literally take you forever and it is that very reason why moving boxes are so important in the moving process. That’s worse than going to a supermarket and having all of your items placed inside the cart without bags. Your time placing the items in your car could double, triple, or even quadruple without them. Now just imagine moving an entire house that way. But the invention of the moving box has made the entire moving process easier.
However, Empty Cardboard Boxes For Sale are made out of paper and paper is made out of trees. That means that more and more trees are cut down to make these beloved moving boxes that make our lives easier. Then there is the fact that many of these moving boxes end up meeting their demise in the dump rather than being reused. It is here that they become mushy messes of wet paper that really isn’t all that great for the environment. That box could have been sold or given to a moving supply store to be reused by other movers. That means less demand for moving boxes, so fewer trees are cut down to meet the demand. That also means no mushy cardboard adding to the demise of our environment.
Are there any cons?
There are cons no matter which way you look at it. The new boxes are more expensive when moving is expensive enough. The old boxes have been used by others and could possibly have fleas or spiders in them. The supermarket boxes have come from places that you are not familiar with, Where To Buy Cheap Moving Boxes so you don’t know what might be inside of them. However, spiders, fleas, and other annoyances exist within the moving supply store. You never know when a spider might crawl up into that crisp new box. You don’t even know where those boxes were before they arrived to the store. They had to be shipped there somehow as well, right? So don’t let any of that bother you. Think about the environment and what you are doing to make the world a better place to live. Every little bit counts.
Used Moving Boxes - Potentially Hazardous To Your Health
Whether you are filling a suitcase, a box, a car, or a moving pod, packing effectively is always of upmost importance. Packing for a move can often be likened to playing a game of Tetris. The art of filling boxes, as well as moving containers comes naturally to very few people, the rest of us need a detailed instruction guide of how to pack efficiently. Here are some basic tips that can help you fit as much as possible into your moving boxes and moving pods.
How to Pack Moving Boxes:
- Reinforce the bottom of all your boxes with packing tape. It is worth using extra tape to prevent your fragile belongings from falling through the bottom of the box!
- If you can, fill each box to the top. If you have extra space in any of your boxes, fill it with packing paper or other fillers. When boxes are full, they will maintain their shape, which will allow them to be stacked without falling over.
- Make sure that the top and sides of the boxes do not bulge. If your boxes bulge, it will prevent you from making stable, tall stacks.
- Label boxes to make unpacking easier. Write any details that you think you will need on the side of the box. Many people like to take note of the items that are in the box, the room that the box should be placed, and any notes about whether the contents of the box are fragile.
- As you pack, take the extra time to create an inventory of the larger, important items that you have. This will help you if anything gets lost or stolen in the moving process.
- Don't pack anything that you can't lift yourself!
- Put heavier things into smaller boxes to avoid boxes that you can't lift
- If you do have a heavy box or piece of furniture- try to use something with wheels to help transport it. Computer on a rolling office chair? Dresser on a skateboard? Heavy box in a wheel barrow? You get the idea... be creative!
Where To Get Free Moving Boxes in Hyde Park ?
The simple cardboard box plays an important, but unsung role in our modern society. It's hard to imagine how we ever got along before they were invented but they have only been in common use for the last hundred years or so. The story of this simple but important invention follows.
Cardboard boxes are industrially prefabricated boxes, which are primarily used for packaging goods and materials or for moving. The first commercial cardboard box was produced in England in 1817 by Sir Malcolm Thornhil and the first cardboard box manufactured in the United States was made in 1895.
By 1900, wooden crates and boxes were being replaced by corrugated paper shipping cartons. The advent of flaked cereals increased the use of cardboard boxes. The first to use cardboard boxes as cereal cartons were the Kellogg brothers.
Another more somber use of the cardboard box is the stereotypical image of homeless people living in a cardboard box. In 2005 Melbourne architect Peter Ryan actually designed a house composed largely of cardboard.
A vital item of commerce, a toy for children, a home of last resort, these are just some of the roles played by cardboard boxes in the last two hundred years.
The History Of Cardboard Boxes
Some years ago, people who were moving would often go looking for used boxes behind super markets and grocery stores. Nowadays, there are several companies who actually sell used boxes, especially online.
For example, one such web-based company references the pricing of companies who sell new moving boxes, in an attempt to convince people to purchase their lower-priced used boxes.
There is, however, many good reasons why new boxes are slightly more expensive than used ones. Many consumers are unaware of the hazards that come with moving your belongings in used moving boxes. Firstly, used boxes are NOT as safe and reliable as new moving boxes. They are far more likely to collapse, especially if they've suffered any physical damage, wear 'n tear, or exposure to water/moisture in the past. Furthermore, pre-used boxes come with a host of other hazards, such as:
- Lack of cleanliness.
- Insects or insect eggs may reside within the boxes. Furthermore, damaging parasites or insects such as bed bugs, termites, lice, scabies, and others may have come in contact with the boxes. Even one bed bug could result in a total infestation of your new home.
- Rodent droppings could reside in the carton, which may be extremely harmful to you and your families health.
- Lack of knowledge about what was previously in the carton (i.e. Packing your toothbrush in a box that once held a floor mat, or hazardous chemicals and cleaning materials).
- The strength and durability of the carton has been compromised.
- The box may contain odor from previous contents.
Why use an old and hazardous box, when you could use a new box made of 100% recycled materials? Your box will be stronger, cleaner, more durable and reliable, and above all, environmentally friendly.
For more information, or to purchase moving boxes made of 100% recycled materials, check out our Box Brothers Boxes page.