When moving, Best Place To Buy Moving Supplies in Benoni it is inevitable that you need boxes to place all of your belongings in. Could you imagine taking all of your things and placing them inside a moving truck without having something to put everything in? That would literally take you forever and it is that very reason why moving boxes are so important in the moving process. That’s worse than going to a supermarket and having all of your items placed inside the cart without bags. Your time placing the items in your car could double, triple, or even quadruple without them. Now just imagine moving an entire house that way. But the invention of the moving box has made the entire moving process easier.
However, Rectangular Shipping Boxes are made out of paper and paper is made out of trees. That means that more and more trees are cut down to make these beloved moving boxes that make our lives easier. Then there is the fact that many of these moving boxes end up meeting their demise in the dump rather than being reused. It is here that they become mushy messes of wet paper that really isn’t all that great for the environment. That box could have been sold or given to a moving supply store to be reused by other movers. That means less demand for moving boxes, so fewer trees are cut down to meet the demand. That also means no mushy cardboard adding to the demise of our environment.
Are there any cons?
There are cons no matter which way you look at it. The new boxes are more expensive when moving is expensive enough. The old boxes have been used by others and could possibly have fleas or spiders in them. The supermarket boxes have come from places that you are not familiar with, Shipping Boxes For Sale Near Me so you don’t know what might be inside of them. However, spiders, fleas, and other annoyances exist within the moving supply store. You never know when a spider might crawl up into that crisp new box. You don’t even know where those boxes were before they arrived to the store. They had to be shipped there somehow as well, right? So don’t let any of that bother you. Think about the environment and what you are doing to make the world a better place to live. Every little bit counts.
Using Corrugated Cardboard Boxes to Pack Fragile Items
Some years ago, people who were moving would often go looking for used boxes behind super markets and grocery stores. Nowadays, there are several companies who actually sell used boxes, especially online.
For example, one such web-based company references the pricing of companies who sell new moving boxes, in an attempt to convince people to purchase their lower-priced used boxes.
There is, however, many good reasons why new boxes are slightly more expensive than used ones. Many consumers are unaware of the hazards that come with moving your belongings in used moving boxes. Firstly, used boxes are NOT as safe and reliable as new moving boxes. They are far more likely to collapse, especially if they've suffered any physical damage, wear 'n tear, or exposure to water/moisture in the past. Furthermore, pre-used boxes come with a host of other hazards, such as:
- Lack of cleanliness.
- Insects or insect eggs may reside within the boxes. Furthermore, damaging parasites or insects such as bed bugs, termites, lice, scabies, and others may have come in contact with the boxes. Even one bed bug could result in a total infestation of your new home.
- Rodent droppings could reside in the carton, which may be extremely harmful to you and your families health.
- Lack of knowledge about what was previously in the carton (i.e. Packing your toothbrush in a box that once held a floor mat, or hazardous chemicals and cleaning materials).
- The strength and durability of the carton has been compromised.
- The box may contain odor from previous contents.
Why use an old and hazardous box, when you could use a new box made of 100% recycled materials? Your box will be stronger, cleaner, more durable and reliable, and above all, environmentally friendly.
For more information, or to purchase moving boxes made of 100% recycled materials, check out our Box Brothers Boxes page.
Best Place To Buy Moving Supplies in Benoni ?
Whether you are filling a suitcase, a box, a car, or a moving pod, packing effectively is always of upmost importance. Packing for a move can often be likened to playing a game of Tetris. The art of filling boxes, as well as moving containers comes naturally to very few people, the rest of us need a detailed instruction guide of how to pack efficiently. Here are some basic tips that can help you fit as much as possible into your moving boxes and moving pods.
How to Pack Moving Boxes:
- Reinforce the bottom of all your boxes with packing tape. It is worth using extra tape to prevent your fragile belongings from falling through the bottom of the box!
- If you can, fill each box to the top. If you have extra space in any of your boxes, fill it with packing paper or other fillers. When boxes are full, they will maintain their shape, which will allow them to be stacked without falling over.
- Make sure that the top and sides of the boxes do not bulge. If your boxes bulge, it will prevent you from making stable, tall stacks.
- Label boxes to make unpacking easier. Write any details that you think you will need on the side of the box. Many people like to take note of the items that are in the box, the room that the box should be placed, and any notes about whether the contents of the box are fragile.
- As you pack, take the extra time to create an inventory of the larger, important items that you have. This will help you if anything gets lost or stolen in the moving process.
- Don't pack anything that you can't lift yourself!
- Put heavier things into smaller boxes to avoid boxes that you can't lift
- If you do have a heavy box or piece of furniture- try to use something with wheels to help transport it. Computer on a rolling office chair? Dresser on a skateboard? Heavy box in a wheel barrow? You get the idea... be creative!
5 Things You Need to Include on Your Office Moving Checklist
Professional carpet cleaning is a part of household maintenance routine that has to happen once or twice a year depending on the home’s needs and the level of contamination. Apart from keeping your floors aesthetically pleasing, deep carpet cleaning conducted by qualified pros with the application of designated appliances and supplies serves a number of other important purposes, like:
- prolonging the life of the carpet by providing gentle cleaning treatment, ultimate dust, and dirt extraction without damaging the fibers, but preserving the shape, the texture and the color of the carpet, making it function for much longer;
- removing stubborn stains regular remedies available at the stores or homemade solutions can’t combat;
- make the carpets safer for people living in the house by getting rid of most of the bacteria, dust buildup and other things, the accumulation of which often cause allergic reactions, asthma attacks;
- rejuvenate home’s interior by making dull, dirty carpets look as good, fresh and bright as new;
- prevent the emergence of dust mites and bed bugs, which consider carpet fibers, especially if they’re a bit dirty and moist, as perfect homes;
- get rid of terrible odors, pet stains and evidence of other similar accidents that ended up on your carpet;
- conform to the requirements of carpet warranty, as those normally call for professional deep cleanings every year or year and a half;
- making further everyday carpet maintenance easier.
Even though hiring professional carpet cleaners instead of renting deep cleaning equipment and attempting to operate it on your own will save you a lot of time and effort, as well as prove itself to be more efficient, it still requires a certain level of preparation. There’re a few things carpet cleaners would appreciate if you did prior to their visit to eliminate possible inconveniences, let them get to business right away and ensure a positive experience.
You don’t need to do much, but you’d probably like to take these steps to get your home ready for professional carpet cleaning.
How to prepare for professional deep carpet cleaning
1. Vacuum high-traffic areas if possible
It might sound ridiculous to vacuum your carpets right before the cleaner’s visit, but professionals aren’t necessarily coming to vacuum your floors (the task you may easily get done on your own, but rather focus on deep cleaning and hard to remove stains. Thus, vacuum your carpets briefly to pick up major dust and dirt to let your cleaners get to deep cleaning right away.
Ask your pros if they’d like you to vacuum, though, as some pros prefer to do that themselves and some include pre-cleaning vacuuming as a free bonus.
2. Pick up small things and remove fragile items
Basically, you need to free the battlefield for cleaners. Small pieces of furniture, breakable decorations, fragile valuables, kids/pets toys and toy boxes, live floor plants make the cleaner’s job more difficult and take their time away. However, they’ll surely help you with bulkier furniture and heavier items that have to be moved in order to reach to the carpet. Just make sure to check the company’s policy to see if it charges for furniture moving to be able to eliminate extra costs.
3. Take care of pets and kids
Most cleaners don’t like entering homes with loose dogs for obvious reasons. They also warn pet owners about the fact that they’ll have to keep the doors opened to drag the hoses in. And that might be a problem if the pets aren’t allowed outside unattended. Additionally, it’s not recommended to let pets play on carpets that have just been deep cleaned. So, gate the pets away so that they don’t mess with cleaners, their equipment, and cleaning products. Keeping young kids entertained outside of the cleaners’ operation zone might be a good idea as well.
4. Don’t forget to point out problem areas
Mention particularly contaminated areas, hidden stains, urine spots, as well as express your expectations concerning deep cleaning technique and cleaning products you’d like to be used. Surely, carpet cleaners are aware of stains that occur on carpets, but it’s nice to point them out during the pre-cleaning inspection, especially if there’re any under the furniture.
Let the pros know if your carpets are supposed to be treated in a certain way. If you’re set on certain kind of cleaners you’d like to be used on your carpets or if you have any concerns regarding the cleaning procedure, don’t be intimidated to ask your questions, as the ultimate goal of providers of high-quality carpet cleaning services is to make their customers happy.
5. Free a parking spot
Carpet cleaners need to park quite close to the entrance to be able to use their truck-mounted deep cleaning equipment. Rearrange your family vehicles to let a bigger truck park close enough to the entrance or free a garage lot of your garage doors’ height allows bigger cars to get in.